Regional Technical Manager (Dublin Ready Mix Concrete)
An exciting opportunity to join Ireland’s leading independent manufacturer of concrete products and construction materials. Due to continued expansion we have a new role for a Regional Technical Manager to take responsibility for quality control, customer and technical support for our ready-mix concrete and screed activities in the Dublin Metropolitan area. The position is based at our Head Office at Piercetown, Dunboyne, Co. Meath, however regular travel to plant locations and customer sites in the Dublin area will be involved. The successful candidate will have strong technical experience across a wide range of materials and processes in the building materials/quarry products industry and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Proactively implement and manage the company’s Technical and Quality function in line with product regulatory requirements, industry best practice and the company’s operational and commercial objectives.
Active engagement in improving product and process quality as well as minimizing the occurrence of nonconformities and associated costs.
Responsible for routine sampling, testing and product inspections of various materials, and the analysis and reporting of results.
Provide supervision and direction to a small team of Construction Materials Field Technician’s responsible for day to day testing.
Monitor and report on quality and conformity matters to the Group Technical Manager, Business Leaders and relevant Plant / Location Managers.
Provide technical expertise via information and guidance internally for tender preparation and sales quotation purposes. Also provide technical information as required by customers including mix designs, technical data sheets, etc.
Log and complete work sheets correctly and provide quality reports where required.
Ensure that all activities under your control comply with the company quality management systems.
- Maintain, calibrate and operate test apparatus and other testing equipment.
Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role within the building materials/quarry products industry
- Recognised 3rd level or vocational qualification in one or more of the following areas is preferred; Concrete Technology or Quality Management. Further training opportunities are available to the right candidate
- Broad quality / technical experience across a wide range of materials and processes in the building materials/quarry products industry would be advantageous
- Experience of concrete specification vetting and concrete mix design processes from first principles
- Strong previous customer interfacing experience including onsite support is essential
Skills & Abilities
- Willingness to carry out physical activities associated with sampling and testing of construction materials
- Strong IT and report writing skills. Fully proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management ability
- Willingness to undertake further study if required
- A full driving licence valid in Ireland
Character & Personal Qualities
- A team player with flexibility
- ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work in a high-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Due to the fast paced nature of operations, a high degree of flexibility is required with regard to start and finish times
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work from various locations at short notice.
Must have own transport as our sites are not accessible by public transport. On-site parking available.
All applications to email@example.com