Shipping Despatch Clerk (Meath)
We are currently looking for a number of Shipping Despatch Clerks to join our Plants in Dunboyne, Co. Meath.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Plan the most effective daily transport and delivery schedules.
• Process orders received via telephone, email, fax, face-to-face or via Sales Team.
• Prepare delivery dockets, schedule and allocate drivers to deliveries.
• Ensure all customer orders are delivered within agreed time-frame.
• Maintain daily shipping records.
• Prepare and maintain all relevant paper-work for payment transactions.
• Manage cash payments for deliveries from drivers and prepare reports of cash and charge sales.
• Post transactions to customer accounts.
• Ensure on-going effective communication with drivers, customers, production and sales.
• Understand and achieve specific targets regarding utilisation of trucks, costs and empty journeys.
• Responsible for the delivery of the right quality (in consultation with Technical Team) and quantity of material to customer.
• Manage instructions to drivers with regards to their working hours, breaks and rest periods.
• Be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a busy Despatch Office environment that is continually active through-out the day.
• Excellent working knowledge of shipping systems.
• Knowledge of transport regulations in Ireland.
• Desire to get things done; solving day-to-day problems that arise.
• Supply Chain or Logistics experience within manufacturing would be beneficial.
Skills & Abilities
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent numerical skills.
• Strong PC skills and good administration skills.
• Ability to work in a high paced, deadline orientated environment.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Character & Personal Qualities
• A team player with flexibility.
• ‘Can-do’ attitude.
• Highly organised and self-motivated.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Excellent time-keeper.
Must have own transport as our sites are not accessible by public transport. On-site parking available.
The roles on offer are full-time permanent positions.
All applications to firstname.lastname@example.org