We are currently looking for experienced Truck Drivers for a number of our plants in Leinster.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ensure that on arrival, the delivery is safe to make and respect the customer’s property; if in doubt consult with customer and/or local Manager or Transport Manager.
- Complete a check of delivery with customer and obtain a signature.
- Maintain a schedule of all deliveries and collections.
- Operate trucks in a safe and effective manner in order to minimise the risk of injury and/or property damage.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant legislations, policies and procedures.
- Perform daily safety checks and maintenance checks.
- Drive within the Tachograph Law and Driver Hour Limits.
- Clean trucks as scheduled and / or required. Maintain the cleanliness of the cab.
- Report any incidents or accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver role.
- Provide support in the yard as required by Location Manager.
- Ensure trucks and equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, to include Health & Safety Policy and Driving for Work Policy.
- Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years’ HGV driving experience.
- Clean relevant Drivers Licence.
- Up to date CPC Driver qualification.
- Valid Digital Tachograph Card.
- Valid Safe Pass.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision.
- Strong understanding of health & safety practices regarding vehicle movements around site.
- Excellent decision / problem solving skills.
- Ability to deal with the public / clients in a positive, courteous and respectful manner.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, deadline orientated environment.
Character & Personal Qualities
- Honest and Trustworthy.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Positive attitude and a flexible approach.
- Highly organised & self-motivated.
- Excellent time-keeper.
The roles on offer are full-time permanent positions.
All applications to email@example.com