The use of heavyweight aggregates allows to achieve significantly higher density concrete compared with ordinary concrete. The weight of normal concrete is around 2400kg/m3, whereas the density of heavyweight concrete can be increased up to 4000kg/m3. Such a high density allows to use concrete for a special spectrum of purposes, where normal concrete in not suitable.
- Hospital radiation rooms/bunkers
- Nuclear waste containers
- Research & laboratory radiation shielding
- Pipelines (concrete weight coating)
- Increased weight and/or density
- Reduced risk of thermal cracking
- Improving high radiation shielding characteristics
- Improve noise and vibration dampening properties
- Available from limited locations.
- The full concrete specification is required.
- Due to the UK source of raw material extensive job pre-planning is necessary.
- Material is supplied only on demand with exact required quantities.